Preparations are currently at top gear towards our 2nd Annual International Conference (AIC) on a theme Sustain The Change, Deepening Youths Leadership. The 2-day event; scheduled to hold on Wednesday 25th and Thursday 26th of October 2017 in Abuja FCT to close out at a Gala Night Fundraising and Award Dinner.
PSF Conference theme takes a strategic view of the Change Mantra in two folds:
The SUSTAIN THE CHANGE....sets the stage for seven breath-taking and amazingly researched Paper Presentations from notable personalities to address various policy challenges, institutionalisation of the achievements of the Change Partnership Agenda to deliberate on critical success factors to achieving the Sustainable Development Goals for Nigeria. DEEPENING YOUTHS LEADERSHIP proffer solutions to Youths who have found safe haven in Militancy, Terrorism, Hate speeches, Kidnappings, Political Hooliganism and other social vices need to be refocused and de-radicalised to pave way for meaningful engagement in a participatory leadership mentorship as opposed to self-destructive moves against our common heritage.
THE CONFERENCE OBJECTIVE:
- To generate ideas, policy actions, narratives (talking points) that will shape political, policy and economic discussions as the nation marches towards the 2019 elections and beyond.
- To position PSF as a strong force in Advocacy for National Development
- To develop a harmonised policy position papers in terms of institutions and to support and sustain the change mantra.
- To have scientific approaches to National strategic Workshops in partnerships with developmental organisations and the Nigerian government in its endeavours to enhancing sustainable developmental goals.
- To mitigate vices impairing Youths for leadership role and positions in Nigeria
- To create a platform for cross fertilization of ideas both national and international levels that will engender incubation of good practices on issues of emerging roles of youths in leadership and governance in Nigeria.
The outcome of this year’s conference shall give birth to a harmonised policy position to institutionalising and sustaining the change mantra in a coordinated approach. Evidence based outcomes shall be incorporated in an ongoing initiative to implement National Workshops in partnerships with developmental organisations with a view to support the Nigerian government in its endeavours to enhancing sustainable developmental goals; enabling an environment where governance benefits the common citizens as opposed to a few.
The PSF 2nd International Conference shall host an average of 1,000 participants who are stakeholders of sustainable development and Youth mentorship. Youth led Organisations in Nigeria and Diaspora, Policy Makers, select Government Agencies, Parastatals, Organised Private Sector, Representatives from the International Organisations, Royal Fathers, Religious Leaders, Captains of Industry and a host of others, are expected.
The Federal Government of Nigeria, FCT Administration, Ministry of Information, Culture and National Orientation, Ministry of Youth and Sports, Agencies and Parastatals in the field of Education and Youths, Civil Society Organisation, Faith Based Organisations, Abuja Municipal Area Council (AMAC) Chairman, United States Agency For International Development (USAID), United Nations Development and Population (UNDP), Transparency International, United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF), German Technical Cooperation (GTZ), select Embassies and ECOWAS Countries.
CALL FOR PAPERS
We invite proposals for paper presentations, poster/exhibits and workshop/interactive sessions from intellectual and notable Nigerians (University Scholars, Politicians, Motivational Speakers, Religious Leaders, Entrepreneurs, and Philanthropists etc) for presentations in below listed sub-themes:
CONFERENCE THEME: Sustain The Change, Deepening Youths Leadership
- …Sustain The Change
- Creating a Responsive & Dynamic Criminal Justice Administration as a Panacea for
- Sustainable Development
- Roles of the Arms of Government
- Money laundering Act
- Criminal Justice Act
- Whistle Blowing Act
- Judicial Pronouncement etc
- Values and Orientation for Change
- Ethics and Value Prepositions
- Affirmative Actions to Gender Equity in participatory Governance in Nigeria
- …Deepening Youths Leadership
- Youths as Change Agents for 21st Century
- Effective Leadership, Mentorship and Youths Responsibilities
- De-Radicalisation of Youths and Addressing Youths Unemployment,
- Youths and Social Media: Adversity or Advantage
- Youths Disenfranchisements in Emerging Democratic Process in Nigeria
Plot 155, Okotie Eboh Street,
Utako District, FCT Abuja.
See y’all at the Conference
Rekiya O. Sanni